So you don’t want every time you click on the menu item for it to show the actual page?
What to do?
You will create a custom menu item and link it to #. Then drag other menu items you want to act as child items to a little right, That’s it.
Below is the detailed step by step process:
- Go to WordPress Control Panel
- Go to Appearance >> Menus
- Either create your own menu, or modify an existing one
- On the left side of that page, there is a ‘Widget’ with three titles: Pages, Links, and Categories
- Click on Links
- In the URL field, put a # in there
- In the Link Text, put the name you want to appear
- Click “Add to Menu”
- Wala Your new menu button will get dropped into the right side.
- Now, drag your button to where you want (up/down), then move it left/right in the hierarchy.
Click “Save Menu” at the top or bottom of the page.